Verisend Shows the Good Mail in HCL Notes
Verisend is a display panel for HCL Notes, to help identify the good mail, mail that you can trust. Our recommended internal policy is to only act on messages with the green Verified logo, which appears for all Internal Notes mail, and from trusted Brand senders.
1. Known Internal Senders These messages come from Internal Notes users. Any message that does not say "Internal Sender" is a fake, 100% of the time.
2. Brand Senders These messages come from known Brand Senders. When you see the logo, you can be 100% sure that it came from the sender whose logo is displayed. If a message says "Amazon" anywhere in the body but there is no logo, it is a fake, 100% of the time.
3. Known External Senders (people in your address book or that you have sent mail to. These are your everyday business contacts and we are sure that it came from that sender. Trust this message as much as you trust this sender.
4. External Senders who are valid senders but that you do NOT know These senders are valid, but you have never sent them any email and they are not in your contact list. These might be legitimate new senders, or look-alike accounts that are trying to fool you. Use Caution!
5. External Senders whose email is possibly forged. Many messages cannot be identified as good mail, so they appear with a yellow unverified banner and caution symbol. Use caution with all of these messages and do not act on requests in these emails. This means do not contact them via a cell phone, or reply to a private email account, do not send any money, do not send any company or personnel data to this person.
6. External Senders whose name is forged. Do not act on or reply to any of these messages. If you think this message is valid, contact the help desk before acting on this message or replying to this message. Do not send any money or information of any kind to these senders, and do not click on any links or attachments.